Thank you for your interest in applying for a funding grant and/or allocation from WITAN. Please note that WITAN makes an effort to share our funding among projects representing human services that support women, children, health, hunger/nutrition, education, preservation, and the arts in the greater Akron area.
PLEASE BE SURE TO REVIEW ALL INFORMATION PERTAINING TO WITAN GRANTS AND ALLOCATIONS ON THE ‘FUNDING REQUEST’ TAB ON THE WITAN WEBSITE HOMEPAGE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR REQUEST.
If your funding request is for $600 or less (an ALLOCATION), please send an e-mail on agency letterhead with the following information to email@example.com NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 31, 2019
1. A description and itemized cost of your project
2. A list of your current Board members
3. A copy of your tax-exempt status and most recent IRS 990 form (Sections I, II, and III only)
4. Contact information including name, address, e-mail, and phone number
ALLOCATION REQUESTS for funds of $600 or less are reviewed and voted on by the Civic Committee on an as-needed basis between November 2019 and May 2020
GRANT REQUESTS (funding for more than $600) are reviewed by the Civic Committee between December and April. If needed, site visits will be conducted during February and March. Agencies and organizations approved for funding are notified in May of 2020 and have one year to claim the funds.
To request a GRANT (funding greater than $600), please complete the online application below and upload:
1. A list of your current Board members
2. A copy of your tax-exempt status and most recent IRS 990 form (Sections I, II, and III only)
THE DEADLINE FOR ALL GRANT APPLICATIONS IS NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
WITAN looks forward to reviewing your funding requests. Additional questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org